1 the act of sharing in the activities of a group; "the teacher tried to increase his students' engagement in class activities" [syn: engagement, involvement, involution] [ant: non-engagement, non-engagement, non-engagement]
2 the condition of sharing in common with others (as fellows or partners etc.) [syn: involvement]
- Rhymes with: -eɪʃǝn
- the act of participating
- the state of being related to a larger whole
- the process during which individuals, groups and organizations are consulted about or have the opportunity to become actively involved in a project or program of activity.
- An ownership interest or profit-sharing right.
act of participating
Participation, in addition to its dictionary definition, has specific meanings in certain areas.
- Participation (decision making), a notion in theory of management, economics and politics
- Participation (VR), a notion from virtual reality
- Participation (ownership), sharing something in common with others
- Participation (Finance), getting some benefit from the performance of a certain underlying asset
- Participation constraint (ER modelling), a special case of a multiplicity constraint
ParticipantParticipant redirects here.
participation in Russian: Участник
admissibility, admission, affiliation, assimilation, association, companionship, company, completeness, comprehension, comprehensiveness, comprisal, consociation, cooperation, coverage, eligibility, embodiment, embracement, encompassment, envisagement, exhaustiveness, fellowship, fraternity, fraternization, inclusion, inclusiveness, incorporation, membership, openness, partaking, reception, sharing, society, tolerance, toleration, whole